1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Got married and went on a cruise to Bermuda with my husband, Steve. :) Also, buying & moving into a house. Oh! And FINALLY went on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think my new year's resolution last year was to make it through the whole wedding process alive. Mission accomplished there! I signed up for an online photography course, so I'd love to expand my photography skills.
I really like my hair like this....too bad it takes like an hour at a salon. 0_0
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My brother's girlfriend in January. My niece will be 1 on January 20! :)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Steve's grandma. We got to see her before we left for our honeymoon and she passed away the day before we got back.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More time, less stress.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
5/20/12 – Our wedding ♥
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning a scholarship to attend a library conference. :)
I attended a youth services panel and made a waterfall!!!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I got sick at the Pirates Festival and had to go home early on one of the days (apparently 90 degree weather, the monthly and a migraine do not mix....)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A horrible eczema breakout on my arms and legs. I've still got some remnants.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A house! :)
View of our dining area
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My library director for finding creative ways to keep me employed despite the budget
A little small, but if you click on this...oh the random fun at the library.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The shooter at the movie theater and the elementary school
14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding, honeymoon and house.
15. What did you get really excited about?
BERMUDA! (seriously, I think I uttered that word several times a day months before we left)
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Gangnam Style – the first time I heard it was at a friend's wedding and then it was EVERYWHERE afterward.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– Happier or sadder? Happier!
– Thinner or fatter? Fatter (frickin stress, ugh)
– Richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveled and visited more waterfalls
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We opened gifts on Christmas eve. Then we went to my grandparent's house for Christmas day....then my uncle had a seizure at the Christmas dinner table. We had to call an ambulance and he got taken to the hospital. Awful to see, however...he's an alcoholic, so it was not unexpected.
Pic of our tree
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I remained in love. I think that’s better.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Supernatural (we started at the beginning)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
'Krampus the Yule Lord' by Brom
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The trilling of our newest kitty Athena matching Isis' meowing trill, lol. (Isis - black cat, Athena - grey cat)
26. What did you want and get?
A regular chiropractor and massage therapist within minutes of the house
27. What did you want and not get?
My arms to completely clear up – fracking skin
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 and worked at the library. My coworkers were sweet and made a cake for me. Steve took me out for Japanese food for dinner. :)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting pregnant – Steve and I are hoping to take the next step :) No luck yet, so keep your fingers crossed.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Business casual/Story Time Chiq/Jedi
32. What kept you sane?
My husband, the realtor, my uncle (our lawyer for the house) and my mom (for helping with wedding & house stuff).
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Maks & Val from Dancing with the Stars, lol
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election – I actually watched the debates
35. Who did you miss?
My friends. Life has gotten busy for everyone.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a guy at a party who was so nice that when I sent out a plea for help with my laptop, he had us come on over and he fixed it. :)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
When you are inspired by some great
purpose, some extraordinary project,
all your thoughts break their bonds;
Your mind transcends limitations,
your consciousness expands in every direction,
and you find yourself in a new, great
and wonderful world.
Dormant forces, faculties, and talents
become alive, and you discover yourself
to be a greater person by far
than you ever dreamed
yourself to be.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm going to go with the Beatles, “Here comes the sun, it's alright.”